AMCS Group is a global leader in the business and operational management software and vehicle technology for the recycling and waste management industry. AMCS’ software is managing over €3bn worth of transactions annually, over 14,000 vehicles and more than 3,000 sites.
ELEMOS, the company‘s flagship ERP software platform, is designed specifically for the waste and recycling industry. It is a comprehensive feature-rich, modular software suite which manages all elements of the resource recovery process from customer management, route planning, collections, and invoicing through to material sales and brokerage. It is combined with on-vehicle technology products such as dynamic bin weighing, RFID and on-vehicle computing to deliver an integrated end-to-end solution for C&I, recycling and municipal operators.
As Agile Product Owner, you will create and maintain the product backlog, including prioritizing and sequencing according to business value. Leveraging the expertise of others and cross-checking market information extensively you will outline the requirements and goals at the beginning of every release and sprint.
- You will participate in the regular scrums, sprint planning meetings and sprint reviews and retrospectives. You will ensure the next sprint is ready to commence. You will inspect the product’s progress at the end of every sprint and have complete authority to accept or reject work done.
- You will work with the Product Manager to evolve the Product Backlog through the full cycle including sales and implementation.
- You will have the ability to connect all stakeholders, possibly in different locations, to create and fully form product features.
- You will initiate and translate product road map into manageable product backlog for Scrum teams
- Liaise with Product Manager to understand the features and changes in product requirements and support the release planning and sprint planning exercises
- Push the Product Manager and pull the team to maintain continuous velocity stream, ensure quality, eliminate escaped defects, and motivate team
- Be able to connect with clients in the definition and creation of Product features.
- Distil inputs from a variety of user representatives / stakeholders to create a complete picture of the market problems to be solved in the software.
- Challenge stakeholders to ensure that an understanding is achieved that is coherent, complete, credible, sufficiently concrete to facilitate the development of software, and that the business processes underlying the scenarios are identified and described.
- Develop user stories / use wireframes, domain models and other artefacts as vehicles for further developing the system requirement, soliciting feedback from customers and other stakeholders.
- Define software capabilities to meet the understood requirements including usability, utilising artefacts that provide engineering with sufficient guidance to ensure progress. Expert knowledge of the existing capabilities of the suite and planning for its future evolution must inform this.
- Own the acceptance of delivered software, meeting capabilities as envisioned.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Product Owner / Business Analyst or in a related discipline with a software product vendor
- Waste & Recycling domain experience an advantage.
- Experience of Agile / Scrum methodology essential.
- Good process analysis and mapping skills, comfort with complex business domain modelling.
- Strong business analysis skills and the ability to provide an accurate assessment of a feature’s business value.
- Ability to envisage software features that solve market problems and that can be implemented at feasible levels of cost and risk.
- An understanding of how technology can be leveraged for business benefit. The ability to quickly assess the technical feasibility / relative cost of solution options.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment and working knowledge of Agile methodologies e.g. Kanban, Scrum, SAFe an advantage.
Expert at uncovering and solving market problems.