BI Developer - Team Lead
BI Developer - Team Lead
Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services industry through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 550+ people across 11 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions for the waste and recycling industry worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced BI Development- Team Lead to join our global development & service engineering team based at our HQ in Limerick.
We currently have a requirement for an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to join the team. This role will be based at our HQ in Limerick
We will also consider candidates in other Irish locations if the candidate is flexible to travel regularly to Limerick.
Job Title: BI Development – Team Lead
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primarily this role is to manage two, or more, small scrum teams (~5-6 in each team) who are designing/developing BI/Reports and printed documents (e.g. Invoices, Statements, Reminders, etc.) for clients, using a variety of tools, such as SQL, SSRS and Exago embedded BI.
- As part of managing these teams, from both a technical and line managerial perspective, you will be using your expertise in the BI/Reporting domain to drive forward optimal solutions for our clients.
- A key requirement of this role is the ability to mentor the teams and drive process improvements continually
- Another key requirement of this role is the ability to work with client-facing project teams and the clients directly in terms of designing/specifying BI/reporting needs.
- The role may also include managing partners/contractors to deliver work-items/projects for clients and ensuring they follow correct processes.
- Provide support to Project Managers & Customer Success teams globally, for all project BI/reporting requirements, including specification development to customer requirements, estimations and managing expectations around delivery.
- Capturing of customer/market requirements to feed into the AMCS Product Development Roadmap
- Essential: Ideally we're looking for someone with a strong development background, ideally with customer facing experience in the design & development of BI/Reporting and printed documents for an ERP or Financial system, (e.g. Invoice, Statements, Reminders, etc.) who is either currently managing software teams, or who is currently a Tech/Team Lead and looking to take that next step up, this could be a great transitional role for the right candidate.
- Essential: 3+ years leadership/management experience. We are considering those who are both currently in a managerial role and those whom this might be a step up for (i.e. strong Team/Tech Leads)
- Essential: 8+ years’ experience working with Microsoft SQL Server including writing SSRS Reports, Stored Procedures, Functions & Triggers.
- Essential: Degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Essential: Proficiency in developing SSRS Reports (or equivalent software packages)
- Essential: Strong process implementation and improvement experience
- Essential: Experience in an agile scrum/kanban environment
- Essential: Proven ability to lead and drive team performance
- Experience in a customer-facing role an advantage
- Knowledge or experience of Exago embedded BI an advantage
- Experience with SQL query tuning an advantage
- Project experience – working as part of a project team, adhering to project plans timelines, performing project tasks reporting
- Support experience –the ability to investigate queries, diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve technical queries
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), especially when providing information to clients
- A sound understanding of Enterprise grade systems & the BI/Reporting domain
- An interest in learning and keeping up to date in the BI/Reporting domain, SQL server, mobile/web application developments and cloud computing
• Exceptional character and business ethics.
• Drive to exceed goals and objectives.
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high.
• Excellent negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous activities across different business activities.